Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why....

does it seem like getting out of the house for church on Sunday's is so hard. I don't understand it. It seems like every Sunday there is some sort of morning issue that we don't have any other day of the week. This morning Dylan woke up in a mood and I could just tell it was going to be one of those days. All you moms out there I know you know what kinda day I am talking about. It started out like this Tyler wanted the blue cereal bowl and so did Dylan. When you only have one blue cereal bowl believe it or not this can turn ugly real fast. We worked it out and everything was going great until I here Tyler crying. Tyler walks into the kitchen with a big red mark under his eye saying, "Dylan kicked me". So, in the time-out chair Dylan goes where he will patiently wait for his spanking. After we solve that issue I quickly jump in the shower. Just as I am about to get dressed my door bell rings, its my neighbor dropping off her little boy (30 minutes early) to come with us to church. I try to talk fast since I am standing in my towel and out walks Dylan from my bedroom with RED nail polish in his hands. I tell him to please go put that back, say good-bye to my neighbor and head to the bathroom to check on Dylan. The nail polish is all over him. At this point I am ready to break down and listen to Calvary's service on my computer when my cell phone rings. It's Holly, the lady in charge of the children's ministry at church. She desperately needs a fill in because she had three people call out this morning. I being the person that doesn't say no accept and try to regroup so I can get us all out of the house. Somehow, we made it and everyone had a wonderful time. Except, Dylan cried for the first half of class for his daddy. As we were getting ready to get out the door Dylan decides he wants to bring Tommy's baseball card with him. For those of you that don't know Dylan has a very hard time being away from Tommy. It's extremely heart breaking. I tell him he can bring the card but needed to keep it in his pocket. Well, I guess he walked around class showing all the teacher's Tommy's card while crying saying he wanted his daddy. Of course, they all went crazy over him and when I picked him up he was sitting on a girl's lap laughing, while two others entertained him. As I watched him sitting there with Tyler and Julian by my side I realized the frustrations from earlier that morning were gone. It was then that I realized that I can't do this alone. I can try to be supermom but I need to depend on Christ not just for the extraordinary situations in my life but for the little things like getting out of the house on Sunday's. I stumbled upon this on the Internet today: All the interruptions—they aren’t interruptions after all. They are sovereign deliveries. The unpleasant things are God’s perfect plan for our day. Contemplating this bit of wisdom can bring a smile to our face, even when our schedule has gone off track and our to-do list remains unfinished. Because, as Psalm 118:24 so cheerily puts it: “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” This morning made me change my everyday outlook and I am greatful for the lesson I was taught!!

The rest of the day went wonderful. The boy's swam and we got a surprise visit from my sister-in-law and her boyfriend that were in town visiting her boyfriend's family for the weekend. Here are a few pics from tonight of the boys taking a bath and getting ready for bed.



my sweet big boy that never gives me a problem for bedtime and is out like a light in three minutes!

my sweet little boy that loves to play with his hands and talk for twenty minutes before he falls asleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I have been checking out yours regularly and it looks great. Enjoy picnik...it is awesome and FREE! Don't pay for the upgrade, it doesn't really do much different. Have a great week!
Angela