Saturday, August 30, 2008

Were Counting the days...

Tommy and I will be heading to an unbelievable marriage conference in Fort Myers at the end of September! I am so excited and can't think of a better way to kick off our off-season together. I think its important at some point during the year to get away "alone" and just focus on one another. Especially with the busy schedules and distractions that life brings! The conference is designed to teach biblical principles that help achieve healthy successful marriages. I am looking forward to what God is going to teach us and the tools we will bring home to our family! I feel one of the best gifts we can give our boys is to show them the love and respect Tommy and I have for each other! I just want to encourage everyone to check out http://www.familylife.com/ to get more information on the conference. They are being held all over the country! It's not just for married couples either, my girlfriend and her fiance attended and absolutely loved it! I am truly looking forward to this weekend that I pray Tommy and I will never forget!

4 comments:

Julie Keefe said...

um can i tell you how humbled i am? this blog is the best gift given to your family, your children, your friends! love it. keep it up, superwoman.

Jenn McPherson said...

we are going to do one of these together one day..promise!! miss you!

Jess said...

Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear about it. Pass along all the good marriage advice you get for those of us who aren't able to get to one of these weekends! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog. Great post about your three-year-old. Your love and personality really show through.

Just wanted to thank you for encouraging people to attend a Weekend to Remember marriage conference. As a FamilyLife missionary, I am a bit partial, but my wife and I believe it is a treasure hidden from most married couples in the U.S. Thanks for providing a treasure map to your blog readers.

Also wanted to let you know about FamilyLife MomBlog, written by a group of moms honestly discussing motherhood, marriage and family life from a biblical perspective. It might be something you can pass along to wives and mothers who aren't able to attend a WTR but need some daily encouragement and equipping.

Blessings