Friday, August 22, 2008

School Jitters

emotions were soaring high this morning. Not just for Tyler but for me as well. Tyler attended a little morning program for the past 2 1/2 years and will now be switching to a five day a week program from 9:30-1:00pm at Shepard's Care preschool. Tyler enjoys school but I will have to say if you gave him the option he would probably opt to stay home everyday. So, after a lot of tears this morning(some due from over exhaustion from traveling the day before) over going to meet his teacher at the new school he didn't want to go to I became a wreck myself. As I hugged him in the bathroom and reassured him he was going to love it I had flashbacks of his first week at Living Word. It was a week of the teacher taking him out of the car each morning crying and I thought, oh boy please don't do this to me again. I have already been through that!

Once we got there it was such a relief. Thankfully, it was a very casual come at your leisure orientation and when we got to his class only his teacher Mrs. Wilson was there. I could tell right off the bat what a kind, gentle, and patient teacher she was going to be. Tyler got the grand tour of the room and what to expect come Monday. He was all smiles on our way to the car, and seems to be very excited about his class and teacher. The program is going to be wonderful! I am thrilled with the curriculum they follow, which is the ABeka program, the organization, the positive atmosphere and most importantly the hearts they have for the children to learn and grow closer to God!



Tyler, you are the definition of a first born child. You are strong, smart, motivated, an over-achiever, love to please and always seem to amaze me with the things you come up with on a daily basis. I love you with all my heart and only wish that I could slow down how fast you are growing up! I pray that you have a wonderful school year and know that you will be such a wonderful addition to Mrs. Wilson's class. I love you!

No comments: