Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Sweet Surprise...

Tommy surprised us yesterday. The boys and I had just walked in the door from picking Tyler up from school when a few minutes later Tommy came bursting through the front door! For those of you that are wondering "why" he is home, he pulled his oblique muscle a few days ago and was placed on the disabled list. He told me they were going to allow him to fly home and rehab in Jupiter, but that it wouldn't be until the weekend. He had my dad pick him up from the airport and when I spoke with him he played it off like he was on his way to the field. I even passed my dad at a traffic light on my way to pick up Tyler and Tommy was ducking down in the passengers seat. It was a nice surprise and the best part it was Tommy's birthday. We haven't spent his birthday together in probably three years. It's hard to believe but the season is officially over for us. Unfortunately, his injury came at a bad time because Tommy was hoping to get a September call-up. He is very upset about the situation but I guess its just another one of those times when you have to trust God's plan. The boys and I are so happy and can't wait to start our off-season ALL together!

I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the friends and family that make our season possible. Mom and Dad I can't thank you enough for your love and support during the season. You make this life possible for us and are always willing to help out. From the airport rides, to taking care of our bunnies, cleaning our pool, picking up our mail, stocking our fridge before the boys and I come home, watering our flowers, and letting us invade your home on a daily basis. These are just a few things I am thankful for I could go on forever! We are so very blessed and grateful for all you both do!
To my wonderful friends who are always there for me when I need them. You all know who you are. What would I do without you? My "boynton girls" our sushi nights, play dates at the park, stampin up at Julie's, parenting talks, and our morning coffee get togethers are the things that maintain my sanity during the season. I have made the most wonderful friendships over the past few years. I love you guys! For my out of town friends thank you for always being such wonderful listeners. I can't tell you how much I look forward to our daily phone conversations. Sometimes I want to kick myself the next morning because I've stayed up way past my bedtime chatting, but I wouldn't change having those conversations for the world. This life can be hard and emotionally draining and I can't thank you enough for all your encouragement when I am ready to lose my mind. God has placed the most wonderful family and friends in our lives and I just want you to know how much I love you all!!
Ps. other people in this world are unfortunately not so nice. This morning Dylan and I went for our morning walk and then stopped off at the park to feed the ducks. I left my camera on the park bench and didn't realize this until a few hours later. When I went back my camera was gone but they were nice enough to leave my water bottle. I am so upset. I think I had over 400 pictures and a few videos stored on there. So, now I have to convince Tommy to let me get a new one because he said,"the one that's been sitting in our drawer for the past five or six years works just fine"! I guess we will just have to see!

1 comment:

Allyson Lee said...

Yeah! What a great surprise...in fact I can't think of a better one! I'm so happy you all are together. Now you can just enjoy yourself...Love you.
Allyson