Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Toothpaste Really Works

on getting marker off a wood table. I just bought the boys a table for our family room so they could have a place to have their lunch and do their crafts. Before I placed the markers and crayons on the table I went through them and made sure they were all WASHABLE! Everything has been wiping off great until the other day. I wiped and wiped and wiped and the big green marks would not come off (and there were a ton). Most of them being on Dylan's side. I was so mad and couldn't think of how this got on there. So, the only thing I can think of is the wood craft projects from the craft store that came with three small markers. Great activity but I guess I will have to put a tablecloth down the next time we do one of these. I googled how to get marker off and got so many ideas hairspray, germ-x, oops, toothpaste, etc. I thought I would try the toothpaste first. I took an old toothbrush and put a little toothpaste on it and I couldn't believe what I saw. All the spots are gone and it didn't take the finish off the table! So, for all you mommies that haven't introduced your little ones to markers or for those of you that are fortunate enough to not have any accidents yet, when you do break out the good old toothpaste! It works wonders. Here is a pic of the table looking brand new again! Perfecto!!

No comments: