Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have officially....

jumped on the blogging bandwagon! I tried the whole family web-site thing, but it was just too much for me to keep up with. So, hopefully this will be a much easier way to keep you all updated on our crazy life. For those of you that don't know we are now with the Florida Marlins!! Tommy had the option to opt out of his contract with the Washington Nationals as of July 1st and with the help from our wonderful friends, the McPherson's and lots of praying Tommy felt that this team would be better for his career. So, the boys, my sister-in-law and I flew to Columbus, Ohio on Saturday(not knowing that this would be taking place) to find ourselves packing up Monday night and driving straight through to Florida on Tuesday. Thankfully, Tommy was able to drive with us and spend a day at home before flying out on Thursday to Albuquerque, NM!! Whew!! It has been a whirlwind these past couple weeks. The good news is that Tommy will be flying home from the 15-18 for the All-star break, which is such a relief because I am not ready to pack up again! This lifestyle can be so challenging and I have learned how important it is for us to put our trust in the Lord. He has the perfect plan for our family and sometimes it may take turns and twists that we don't quite understand, but we will just continue to trust and pray!So, we have two more months left of this crazy season and then back to a little normalcy.

The boys on the other hand are doing wonderful and are at such fun ages. They are truly the best travelers and this has hands down been the easiest season with them. They can sleep anywhere, know the airport routine better then I do, do wonderful in hotels, adapt so quickly to the different schedules between being home and with Tommy, and the best part is they love it! They were asking me all day today when we were going to go to daddy's baseball game again. They are the best of friends and do everything together. They are very into catching frogs these days. It grossed me out in the beginning but now I find myself helping them and buying frog food! They also love to play with their friends, pretend to be teenage mutant ninja turtles(yes they are still around) and swim, swim, swim! Tyler starts VPK this year, which will be a whole other blog because I have been very emotional about him going to school 5 days a week. It just freaks me out and makes me realize how fast they are growing up!! Dylan will be starting a morning program at Tyler's old school so for a portion of our mornings we will have a very quiet house! Hopefully, Dylan will be potty trained by January so he can join Tyler at his school! I will keep you posted on how that goes!

I promise that not all my blogs will be this long. I just have been really bad about keeping up with everyone so please forgive me it has been a little hectic. But we are truly blessed with such wonderful family and friends and you ALL are so very special to our family! We love you all and hope you enjoy following and hearing about our lives!

5 comments:

Jenn McPherson said...

Yay! I am very excited about this...Tommy will appreciate the simplicity too. Of course, I'll think he'll still be annoyed with us at night! Love you. Please get your camera out and shoot my boys, the bunnies & the hermit crabs too!

Julie Keefe said...

Love it. Now I'll be up reading ANOTHER blog. When Alex asks...I'll say it's all your fault. ;)...Love me some Murphys!

Anonymous said...

I love it. I approve of everything. The boys picture is beyond adorable; meaning that you need to frame it! I am up late yet again and saw that you emailed me this, so i had to take a peek. By the way your songs are great =P

Jenn McPherson said...

r u up? you are supposed to be sleeping, but i think u r on my sitemeter. if u r, call, we can try and keep it quick...

Jenn McPherson said...

Geez. update your blog. Get the memory card and do it before tommy arrives! you can't blog after tomorrow. get on it. I will not let you be a slacker. i need to see the boys!