Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a difference a year makes...



Tyler started fall ball a few weeks ago and I can't even explain to you the difference from last year and this year. Last year Tyler was extremely shy and intimidated and this year he is confident and outgoing. Last year I remember saying to Tyler, "Tyler you have to run after the ball and get it you can't just watch it roll by you." Tyler's response was, "Mom don't worry all my friends go get it I don't need to!" And that's exactly what he did...he would stand there the entire game and watch the ball go by while the others piled on top of each other trying to get it! I am proud to say that this year he is running after the ball and is usually the shortstop or first baseman. And last year when he would get up to bat he would stand there for what seemed like 10 minutes looking back at his coach before he would finally swing the bat. This year he walks up to the plate with such confidence like he has been doing it for years! We are really looking forward to watching him play this year and I know that he is just as excited to be out there playing!

Tommy and Tyler working on hitting together.

Tyler's #1 Fan




Tyler's first game is on Saturday which Tommy and I will miss, but Mema and Papa are going to take him. I am leaving Mema in charge of pictures so hopefully she will get a few!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Whew...glad you posted. I was starting to worry about you. I still haven't seen pics of the boys' party...cute pics of baseball practice though :)

Jenn McPherson said...

so cute! They look like little athletes those two! So cute in their caps!

George and Katie Roig said...

Tyler looks like such a little mini Murph in his uni!