Friday, September 12, 2008

Backyard Camp Night...

The boys are practicing for our big camping trip that we are planning on taking as soon as the weather cools down a little bit. Tommy got our tent and camping supplies today, so we decided what a better way to practice then a trial run in our backyard! Tyler and Dylan were busy little bees this afternoon helping their daddy get set up for their first night sleeping in the tent. Once the tent was set up the camping fun began. They ate pizza outside, swung in the hammock, read books in the tent, played with their flashlights, searched for frogs, and couldn't wait until it was time to tell stories in the dark! Since Tommy has gotten home they have been all about daddy so it wasn't a shocker when I realized that I was uninvited to the sleep over. They told me it was boys only...I have been getting that a lot lately! I thought that Tommy was going to have a hard time getting them to sleep, but when I went to check on them I couldn't believe that they had already fallen asleep. Looks like they are ready for our big trip because they were great little campers tonight!

The boys playing in the tent.

Tyler enjoying chips and a book and Dylan playing with the sleeping bag.

Best Buddies!

Heading into the tent for bedtime.

One more book before lights out.

Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

George and Katie Roig said...

I'm glad that experience was better than our night in the keys on gravel! Oh...what fun memories :)

Jess said...

Time to update again, girl! It's been almost a week ;)