Monday, October 20, 2008

A brief look....

into the future is what I got today! As I sat outside and listened to the boys conversation and watched them play I could only envision them 12 years from now in high school. Their conversation consisted of sports, school, and their "new girlfriends". It went like this:

Tyler: Julian I have a new girlfriend...her name is Erin!

Julian: I have a girlfriend too.

Tyler: My girlfriend smiled at me four times today or maybe it was five.

Julian: Umm, my girlfriend is in my class she doesn't know I like her.

Dylan: I have a girlfriend

Tyler: I know Dylan remember I said you can like Kylie.

Dylan: My girlfriend is ten...no five.

Tyler: Well, we can't have girlfriends now only when we are like 16.

Julian: I am going to do karate.

Tyler: I am going to play basketball and baseball.

Dylan: I play baseball.

Tyler: Julian my girlfriend and I both have the same amount of punches so we get to pick out of the treasure box tomorrow at the same time...isn't that cool!

Julian: Yeah, when I grow up I want to be a daddy!

Tyler: Julian you want to shoot hoops?

Julian: Sure!

I tried to video it but the wind was blowing to hard so you couldn't hear the conversation. It was so funny and all I could think was I don't know if I will ever be ready for this! I have a feeling Tommy and I are going to have our hands full with these boys!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that this is typical conversation among your boys. I swear everyday they suprise me with these "comments"! Tyler by the way has the body of a future Matthew Mcconaughey.. which means major trouble.

Sue Bacsik said...

I miss you! I am keeping up through the blog though. The boys sound as precious as ever. MG mentioned them yesterday.... she must miss you guys also!